Friday, April 27, 2012

Blog List: My 16-Year-Old Self


10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could

If had the chance to tell my younger self anything, I think my biggest advice, would be to be a better friend. Be there, listen, share, learn to understand, just be there. I think its important to be a good friend because the older you get, the harder it is to find friends with qualities like this. But not to worry because the girl in nursing, turns out to be exactly the kind of friend you needed and because of her you learn  what friendship is all about (9 years and counting).  


I would tell myself to put the SODA down and drink more water. And of course EAT better. No more cheese puffs, hamburgers, ELMERS (CHS), and eat a dang salad already. 

Your first love will not be your last, but the heart break will hurt... and it will hurt badly, but it will heal. Later in life, you will meet your prince charming and meeting him helps you realize that your first experience with love was worth the heart break and that it taught you how to really love someone, full heartily.

Lets be realistic... you don't know EVERYTHING.

Take college seriously, and really go for what it is you want to do and remember you have to pay all those loans back someday.

Enjoy the breaks and summer vacations, because when you're older they aren't as frequent.

Find God, and really know him, walk with him. He will be your shoulder when all else fails.

High school does end eventually, and the best years are really AFTER it ends. And that's when you will find the REAL you, but remember to stay true to what you've learned.




Stay a hopeless romantic because after kissing a lot of FROGS, your prince charming will sweep you off your feet. And while it may seem like he's not your prince at first, he proves you wrong and you'll end up marrying that so called boy.... and he will make all your dreams come true. ♥




Its crazy to think if I would have done things different knowing what I know now.... but I don't think I would do anything differently because of where it has lead me.



♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment