Clearly I'm not a mommy yet, but I am hoping to be one some day ;) and I'm a little late on this post.
Sitting here thinking of being a mommy and my goals and it all seems a little scary to think about. You are in charge of making sure this little tiny human has a great life. Its scary and exciting.
1. Sharing my faith. We are Christian folks and I think this is a huge important part for me as a mother. I believe in God and I want to share that with my children. To have faith. To love one another, and to be a good person. Inside and out. Not about following rules but just having faith and to trust in God.
2. Being patient. I want to not only show patience, but teach them to be patient. Patient in life, patient with others, and patient with themselves.
3. To be kind, be respectful, and responsible. I come from a very small town in Louisiana and in the South respect is HUGE. I also think teaching them how to be responsible, by providing them with the tools and ability to make the best judgement.
4. To be a good example as a mother, friend, wife, daughter, etc. I want to show them what a role model is.
5. Showing them love and support, even when I'm angry.
6. Provide an example of a healthy marriage. This is actually extremely important to me.
7. Be active and have family time. I want to do things with them. I want to take them on vacations and camping trips.
I think more then anything I just want to be there for them. To be there support, someone they can confide in, and someone they know they can ALWAYS turn too. :)